Wednesday, April 2, 2008





Just another day



Today I wasn’t feeling well and left work earlier. Got home changed into comfortable clothes, took some medicine and lied down on the sofa. Diamond came to lie down next to me and less than a half an hour later we were both asleep. It’s about 4:00 pm now and I’m feeling a lot better. Came to the computer started reading some stories and got to candidkarina
Cried like a baby and after, decided to blog for a little bit – as I said before I’m not much of a writer, (karina got all the talent leaving none for me. he.. he..) but I do enjoy writing and I enjoy reading even more.
I want to share with all of you, that I’m having a blast bloging and I already met nice people that I think I’m going to become very good friends with. I also want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for taking the time to check out my blog and supporting me on my first steps into the "blogosphere". (see I’m learning)
I promise that I will tell a little more about me soon, but for now I just want to clarify some things that Karina wasn’t sure about.
I was ten when I moved to Luanda with my parents, brother and sister.(same age karina was when we moved here to the States).
My husband went there for the army, he was 20, but his sister already lived there and that’s why he stayed after he was out of the army.

Now I’m leaving you with something that I think is very interesting.



THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR







WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO EXPLAIN IT







...A sick man turned to his doctor as he was preparing to Leave the examination room and said:

Doctor, I am afraid to die...



Tell me what lies on the other side.



" Very quietly, the doctor said, "I don't k now."



"You don't know?



You, a Christian man, Do not know what is on the other side?"



The doctor was holding the handle of the door;



On the other side came a sound of scratching and whining,



And as he opened the door, a dog sprang into the room



And leaped on him with an eager show of gladness.



Turning to the patient, the doctor said,



"Did you notice my dog?



He's never been in this room before.



He didn't know what was inside.



He knew nothing except that his master was here,



And when the door opened, he sprang in without fear.



I know little of what is on the other side of death,



But I do know one thing...



I know my Master is there and that is enough."

4 comments:

Karina said...

Beautiful mom, just beautiful! ;-)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Great picture, great story, and a perfect blog post. Just the kind of thing we bloggers like to read and share.

ChrisB said...

'The other side of the door' is just perfect. I enjoy what you write as I'm sure many others do.

qualcosa di bello said...

know wonder your baby girl is such a positive, uplifting blogger...just look at her momma! she really did not take all the talent ;)...