Monday, March 24, 2008

EASTER SUNDAY





The Story of Easter


Easter is a time of springtime festivals. In Christian countries Easter is celebrated as the religious holiday commemorating the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. But the celebrations of Easter have many customs and legends that are pagan in origin and have nothing to do with Christianity.


Traditions associated with the festival survive in the Easter rabbit, a symbol of fertility, and in colored Easter eggs, originally painted with bright colors to represent the sunlight of spring, and used in Easter-egg rolling contests or given as gifts.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter.
Come back soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your tulips are beautiful. We just noticed the first tulips pushing through this past weekend. That got me all excited for Spring. My hubby (NLM) knows all the different stories and traditions for all the holidays. Sometimes they make for interesting reading. Welcome to the World of the Blog! ;)

Teena in Toronto said...

Hoppy Easter!

Karina said...

Hey, I always wondered what bunnies had to do with Easter. I learned something new today. Thanks mom! ;-)

ChrisB said...

Now I know why there are so many rabbits!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful tulips! It's great you're joining the blogging world. :) You have a great daughter. I'm in between you guys at 41. Four grown kids and 17 & 15 year olds. I also have a beautiful grandson.

Just thought I'd introduce myself so to speak. :) I look forward to getting to know you.

Rose said...

Thank you everyone for visiting my blog.
I'm still getting use to it, so if I don't post much, be patient untill I get the hang of it.